Prepare and deliver baskets filled with thoughtful items to parishioners who have suffered the loss of a family member
- Send cards/meal cards and notes to families and individual who are ill or hospitalized
- Knit and present prayer shawls to those suffering a serious illness
- Host a yearly Healing Mass and Luncheon each year in June
- Coordinate efforts with the Communion to the Homebound Ministry to bring communion and companionship to the homebound
- Schedule masses in memory of deceased family members of parishioners
The Compassion Ministry seeks to meet the needs of our community through friendship, comfort and care. Members of the ministry are volunteers who give of themselves to meet these needs. We are currently supporting people and families who are dealing with grief and loss or chronic illnesses. Confidential communication, companionship, meals and prayers make up our support services.
Specifically support includes: the making and giving of prayer shawls, providing meal cards redeemable at Ted's Market, delivery of care baskets, sending notes and cards, coordinating efforts with the Communion to the Homebound Ministry to visit homebound parishioners to bring Communion, scheduling memorial masses, hosting the annual Healng Mass/Luncheon.
The annual Healing Mass & Luncheon takes place in June each year.
New members are welcome to join the ministry throughout the year.
Co-ChairPerson: Jodi Lagassie
Co-ChairPerson: Barbara Ulkus